Sephora is currently hosting its VIB Holiday Shopping Event, offering VIB members 20% off the entire store, in store and online. High end beauty products rarely go on sale, so I had to take advantage of this amazing deal!
I try not to splurge too often on makeup, but definitely like to invest in some staple products that are essential to my beauty routine. I took this sale as an opportunity to stock up on some of my favourite products, and to indulge in some new ones.
Check out what I purchased from the sale below:
Eyes & Brows
- Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Curling & Lifting Mascara: As a girl with very straight, very short lashes, anything that promises “curl” will catch my attention. While the results of this mascara aren’t super dramatic, I do get a lot more lift and curl out of it than other formulas. This has quickly become one of my favourite mascaras!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Medium Brown: This is my holy grail of holy grail products. I’ve been using the same jar of Dipbrow for the past three years (gross, I know) and it’s still no where near done. I thought it would be a good idea to pick up another one of these as I know it will always be my number one brow product – trust me when I say a little goes a long way with this stuff.
- Velour Silk Lashes Fluff’n Thick Lashes in Fluff’n Edgy: After having previously purchased a pair of Velour lashes, I decided to invest in a second pair. The style I selected this time was Fluff’n Edgy, a full (and fluffy), dramatic set that’s versatile enough for multiple occasions. I will say that the band on Velour lashes can be a bit thick – which is nice for allowing more surface area for the glue to adhere to, but can be a bit uncomfortable on the lids at times.
These were my two “set” purchases from the sale. I usually gravitate towards the holiday sets (with such adorable packaging, who could resist?), but stayed quite practical this time around. Unfortunately, the Smashbox set no longer seems to be available from the Sephora website, but I did find a link to it on the Smashbox site.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer: This primer has proven to be a tried and true product with me. I know some are opposed to silicone based primers, but I personally love the silky feeling and really do feel like it helps my makeup last throughout the day!
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water: This is a new product that I’m excited to try. I plan to use it as a setting spray – I’ve tried a few sprays from a few different brands but have never found one that truly wowed me.
- Too Faced Candlelight Glow in Rosy Glow: Another new product for me, this highlighter duo caught my eye and I can’t wait to use it to add some glam to holiday looks. Since the product comes in a set, it’s not full sized. However, I think this will be great for travelling, and is also useful as a trial run.
- Beautyblender in Petal Pink: I’ve been wanting to splurge and purchase a Beautyblender, but until now have settled for the dupe from Real Techniques. I’m excited to see if there will be a noticeable difference between the two – I also love this baby pink colour!
- Bloterazzi Blotting Cushion: This seems like a great product to keep in my purse – it promises to remove excess oil without disturbing makeup. Hopefully this will be a great go-to during the long work day when I just need a quick touch up.
- Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Beso: I first tried this product when it was given as one of Sephora’s Beauty Insider birthday gifts a few years back. I fell in love with the colour immediately – the blue undertones in this gorgeous red really make your teeth look white! I think it’s such a pretty colour for the holidays, date night, or if you just feel like rocking a bold lip. The formula is beautifully matte and long lasting, however I do find the applicator a bit tricky to control.
- Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Double Dare: I purchased this colour because I love my Kat Von D Liquid Lipstick in Lolita (a cult fave), but wanted something a bit more pink for every day wear. This is the perfect shade to match with anything and you can’t beat the formula of these lipsticks – super matte, but not super drying.
Chloé Love Story Eau De Toilette: My pricier purchase at this year’s sale was a new fragrance. Since perfumes can be expensive and hardly ever go on sale, I thought it was the right time to bite the bullet. I’ve been using the original Chloé perfume (simply called “Chloé”) for years, but wanted to switch it up. Love Story falls within the same floral family as Chloé, but smells a bit more fresh than the original. So far, I’m loving it!
There’s still some time to take advantage of this sale, which ends tomorrow at midnight PDT. If you’re a VIB member, you can use the code “20VIB” to receive the discount online, or simply use your card at check out when in store. Happy shopping!